Friday, September 26, 2008

Thursday's




I absolutely love Thursday's. Working 4 10's is nice because I get to have a day off during the week with my precious Ava. Yesterday my sister-in-law Christy came over with her kiddos and colored my hair, and cut Ava's hair. She is awesome for coming to my house and doing that kind of stuff for us (so I don't have to bring a 2 year old to the salon for an hour and a half while I get my hair done). The first time Ava got her hair cut, she screamed her head off. She is my little drama queen. But now she loves getting her hair cut. Here are some photos of her first hair cut. (Okay, I don't know how to upload pictures very well so they are at the top of the post).... isn't that face to die for? It was so hard not to laugh because she really was angry about the whole thing.
Anyways, back to Thursday's....I love having one day alone with Ava and doing fun things together. We usually meet up with my friend Jennie and walk 6 miles on the trail by our house, but Jennie is in Vegas this week so it gave us an excuse to stay inside all day long watching Sesame Street, playing with her dollhouse, reading books, and just spending time together. Plus, I only have to come back to work for one day before having the weekend off! Don't get me wrong, I would love to be a stay at home mom, but for now I need to continue working. Hopefully by the time we have our second child I will be able to stay at home, or work part time (no I'm not pregnant). I think that being a stay at home mom is the most challenging job that there is. Not to mention people who run their own daycares. Ava's daycare is the most fabulous place ever. It is a small daycare out of my friends-mom's-best friend's-house. She is the most organized person and does fun crafts/games with the kids all day long (usually there are only 3 or 4 kids everyday). Ava loves going there, which is a wonderful feeling. My friend's daughter goes there now too, and they are like 2 peas in a pod! Okay, I'm rambling now. Better end this post before I continue to go on and on and on.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so sad...and so cute :-) Thankfully, it seems Abby has a ways to go before she get her first cut.

I would love for you to be a SAHM also, selfishly, as I would love for someone to walk with. We'll just keep praying!