Monday, September 22, 2008

The Weekend and other random thoughts

Well, I recovered from whatever it was that I had on Friday, and my wonderful husband treated me to a pedicure on Saturday! I am addicted to pedicures, and cannot get enough of them. However, as everything from groceries to gas keeps getting more and more expensive....so do pedicures. What a tragedy. I only get one about every couple of months now. One of our clients at work just told us that she has a pedicure/manicure on wheels business. She comes out to your office/home and does your toes and nails without accepting any tips. If you want her info, please leave me a comment and I'll send it to you! Needless to say, us gals at the office thought it sounded like a wonderful idea and booked her all of next Wednesday afternoon. (Don't tell my husband....unless he is reading this)...

My brother was in town Saturday night. He is such a funny guy, I always tell him he needs to join Saturday Night Live or somehting. There is never a dull moment when we're around him, I find myself laughing all night long. We hope to see his family again during the Holidays.

I also visited my friend's church with great friends Kym and Nicki on Sunday, which was alot of fun. Ava enjoyed playing with some new friends in the Sunday School class as well. She gets so excited for Sunday School, I feel horrible on days that we can't make it. God Bless Sunday School Workers! The workers at our home church are amazing and their ministry is such a blessing to little children.

I also realized today just how much I answer questions with "Because I Said So" when talking to dear little Ava. In a previous post I talked about how much little girls (and I'm sure boys too...although I have none) ask millions and millions of questions all day long. Now she asks me "Why" after every answer I give. Usually I answer with "Because I said so" or "Because I'm the mommy" or "Because it's almost bedtime". Well, today after I picked up Ava from daycare I asked her if she shared her snacks with Jo Jo (my friend Julie's little girl) and her answer was "No, I not share". So I asked her (trying to hide my laughter)...."Why didn't you share?" and she said "BECAUSE I SAID SO". Well, how in the heck do I make a rebuttle to that?!?

I also opened up my email tonight and found about 6 emails from a gal named "Betty Sue Christensen". She claims that we are long lost friends from highschool and I need to contact her business to talk about the products she can offer me. Well Betty Sue, not only do I not know who you are...I did not have any friends named Betty Sue in High School, you spelled my name wrong, and I am not interested in pet products (since the only pet we have is a beta fish). Please remove me from your mailing list Betty Sue. Good effort though.

No comments: