Thursday, January 29, 2009

And now I know...

Nobody ever told me that you could dial 911 from a phone that did not have my SIM card in it...

But today I found out.

So, Thursdays are my favorite days. I get to spend the day with Ava and do whatever we please. Usually that entails going for a walk, spending time with my sister or friends, shopping, and just playing together. There are no expectations. She chooses what we do, and I go along with it. Today she wanted to play with my phone. Well, not my current phone...

My co-workers phone had been trashed, and I told her that I had one she could borrow. Today, I charged it up for her and got it ready for her use. Apparently, after we got back from our walk, Ava thought it would be fun to talk on it. I watched as she forcefully grabbed it off of the charger. I thought she was pretending, but apparently she was really talking to someone on the other end. Here is what I heard....

Ava..."Hi, how are you? What's your name? How are ya? You wanna come over?"

Me..."Ava, please bring me that phone. It's not a toy"..

Ava..."No, I'm talking on it MAMA!"

Me..."Ok, whatever, have fun!"

Ava...."Whatever MAMA, I'm talking to Kendal!"

Me..."Kendal is with her mommy, you need to have lunch. And if you talk to me with that tone of voice one more time, you WILL have a time out..."

Ava..."So, you wanna come over here? What is YOUR name? My name is AVA!"

Me...(after realizing that something was going on)..."What's going on honey?"

Ava...."Um....WHAT? I DON'T KNOW!"

That's when I heard the ladies voice on the other end....

We talked for a few minutes, just to confirm that everything was indeed okay. As much as I appreciate that they take the time to confirm that 911 was not needed....I had an eggplant parmesan casserole in the oven and another billion things to do..

They sent reinforcement just in case. I guess I can laugh about it now, but I never had any clue that you could dial SOS from a phone that did not have a SIM card in it. At least I met our friendly neighborhood police.

I guess we live and we learn. Ava will never play with any of our phones again.

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is adorable :-) And thanks for the phone reminder. Abby is ALWAYS on our phones.