Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Few Thoughts From Last Night...

I'm not going to sit here and complain about the season finale of the Bachelor last night. It is what it is. As much as I don't believe that Jason should have gone about everything the way he did, he is a real person and a sinner just like the rest of us. He's made some horrible choices, and that is his problem. He did exactly what he told everyone he didn't want to do from the beginning, but whatever. There was no need to break up with Melissa on National TV. If Jason and Melissa really had broken up beforehand (like he claimed to have done on the Jimmy Kimmel show last night) then why did he have to do it again on National TV? Her reaction to everything proved that she didn't know the extent of everything (even though he claimed that she did). Anyways, we can't change what he did, but I do want to point out a few things that I found really odd (in respect to ABC and the way they handled everything)....

#1. When they show Jason proposing to someone in the beginning of the Bachelor (on the beginning highlights for the seasons show when we first started watching in January), they show him proposing to a gal wearing a light blue dress. However, neither Mel or Molly were wearing a light blue dress at the finale. Isn't that odd? Seriously, play back the previews from the first Bachelor preview and watch him down on one knee....it was totally fabricated. Or, check out the blogs that show him proposing to someone in the previews. It's not the same person. They do, however, go as far to show him proposing to a girl wearing a gold pinky ring (which was obviously Melissa). This shows you how badly they wanted everyone to think it was Melissa who won. AND, if Jason really broke up with Melissa at the ATRF (After the Rose finale) that was filmed in January....they wouldn't have needed to make it seem like he was indeed proposing to her in NZ (since they knew the outcome before it aired). It seems like this whole heart-break dump was planned from the beginning (no matter how much Jason and ABC try to deny it)...

#2. The WHOLE reason they taped the 'finale after the rose' without audience members, is because Molly and Jason were ACTING the whole time. There is no other reason that they would not have taped it in front of audience members. Since it was all an act, they knew that they would need to stop-plays, re-do scenes, and cut out alot of the retakes that they had to do. You could TOTALLY tell after they had seen eachother for the 'first time' that they had seen eachother since the send-off in NZ. You could tell when they greeted eachother and said "Oh my gosh, it's been awhile!" that they were totally faking it. They had to of seen eachother since New Zealand and they were trying to make it seem like they hadn't.

#3. Any normal girl in the real world would not have accepted a proposal to get back together with someone that quickly after they had split up (on national television) after a 2 month romance with another girl. Molly said herself how angry she was when he broke up with her, and any normal girl would not be making out and holding hands with a guy who had been engaged 'up until that point' and had JUST dumped his fiance on national television. Come on. Who would do that? This also goes to show you just how much of a prick Jason is. You don't break up with a fiance and then make out with the runner up on National TV 5 minutes later. Where is your sensitivity chip?

#4. All of the contestants who sign up on the bachelor/bachelorette are signed to a 5 million contract. This means, if they spill the beans about the show, they can be sued for 5 million dollars. This is exactly why none of the girls who were involved in this show can really talk about what happened (behind the cameras). It sucks that it has to be this way. It is horrible that good girls like Melissa have to deal with all of this crap. In the end, it's always the good girls that suffer.

I don't know why I care this much. I will sit here and talk about the fact that I will never watch this horrible show ever again, but I know I will. It's horrible that ABC can get all of us this hooked and make it ruin our week since we feel bad for Melissa. I guess the only happiness I have is that Jason will have to deal with his choices/consequences and we all know that this stupid relationship with Molly will have a shorter shelf life than the yogurt in my fridge. And if I'm wrong, I will make it up to all of you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well said! I must admit that Erin and I watched the finale and both of the after the rose ceremonies last night. Whew! I'm drained! :)

Anonymous said...

“I'm not going to sit here and complain about the season finale of the Bachelor last night.”

False.

"I don't know why I care this much. I will sit here and talk about the fact that I will never watch this horrible show ever again, but I know I will. It's horrible that ABC can get all of us this hooked and make it ruin our week since we feel bad for Melissa."

It's all about the ratings! If you feel this way then the show producers are doing their job!

Anonymous said...

That's exactly why it is so very frustrating. The producers get us all mad and angry. Well said my dear. I am right there with you!