Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home From Afghanistan




Earlier this year my boss (and good friend) Captain Edwards was deployed overseas to Afghanistan. Yesterday he surprised us and showed up to our office! We were all shocked since we did not expect him back until next week. It was a wonderful surprise and we are extremely thankful for everything he did for our country this year. I want to thank everyone who prayed for him during his deployment, and continues to pray for the troops that are still over there. It was so wonderful to see his family back together after such a long separation. Welcome home Tony!
The joy of seeing Tony return home is also accompanied with the pain of remembering a friend to many in the community who lost his life last month. Everyone is doing a wonderful job of keeping his memory alive, and I hope that this comforts his family every day during this difficult time. Please continue to pray for the troops that are still overseas as well. And if you would like the address of where to send a care package, let me know. They really appreciate getting something in the mail, even if it is not much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! So glad to hear Tony made it home safe! I worry so much about all our soldiers overseas and am glad to hear we have one more safe at home!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I'm not anonymous, this is Ali. Obviously I dont know how this works but it was me. Love you!