Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Enjoy The Small Things In Life...

I totally enjoy the small things in life. It doesn't take alot to impress me. When you're married, you really come to appreciate the little things that your spouse does for you....and I hope that my husband appreciates that I don't expect a whole lot (I don't need big gifts or fancy dinners to jump-start our marriage). What I need is knowing that my loved one is attentive to my needs, and wants to satisfy them...no matter how small or big that is! One of the things Josh and I bicker about constantly is the fact that he never brings our travel coffee mugs home from work. This totally irritates me! I know, it could be worse, right? Well, yesterday morning when I came down to start our coffee pot...there were a few of our mugs sitting on the counter...washed and ready for me to use. The note read..."These are all for you and all CLEAN baby!" It totally made my day. I love that my husband knows how he can lift my spirits and make me happy. It's all about the little things.



Another thing that makes me happy is when he folds all of our laundry that I've washed. I'm guilty of washing tons of laundry and leaving them all in the basket for a couple of days. But I HATE folding laundry. The other day, I was out shopping with a girlfriend...and I came home to ALL of the laundry I had washed that morning folded and hung up/put away. This meant so much to me!



The final thing that means the world to me is when he'll volunteer constantly to give me a back rub before we go to bed. I usually do not even have to ask. When I was pregnant, I got a back rub every night. He never missed a night. I would say I'm lucky to get them about twice a week now, but I think that's pretty awesome! Especially with the achy muscles that I constantly have.



Don't worry, I pay attention to his needs/wants too. But this post is all about giving my husband props to paying attention to the small things in life that I really appreciate. So, what are the small things that you appreciate in life or from your loved one?

No comments: