Monday, February 23, 2009

Top 3 Blonde Moments of 2009 (So Far)...

I can laugh at the fact that I'm a blond, and do justice to my hair color. I pay alot of money to have my hair look like this, and I guess I can handle the 'blond' jokes that are thrown my way every so often. Okay, I'm naturally a dirty-blond people! I guess the rules still apply though. SO.....this got me thinking to my top few blond moments from 2009 (so far). It's not fun if we can't make fun of ourselves, right?

#1. Bringing my wrong vehicle to the emissions test place. Shhhh...don't tell my husband. I would never live this one down. The thing is, I knew it was our truck that needed the emissions test, and I still drove through with my SUV???? Here's what happened (after waiting in line for 20 minutes)...

Me: Hi there! Busy day? I'm glad I made it through before lunchtime!
Him: Hi miss, cute sweater, where did you get it?
Me: Thanks! My mother in law bought it for me! I get compliments on it all the time. :)
Him: Um, miss, can I see your registration? (after he scanned my VIN number on my car).
Me: Here you go!
Him: Miss, this is your insurance card....
Me: Whoopsie daisy! Here you go....
Him: Miss, this is the wrong vehicle
Me: I have the wrong registration in here? Weird!
Him: No miss, you are driving through with the wrong vehicle
Me: Oh my gosh, I'm in the SUV, huh?
Him: Yes ma'am, this renewal is for a 2004 Chevy Silverado
Me: Well, at least I didn't pay yet! See ya.

I will have to find another emissions place in the state of WA to bring the truck to. They probably have my picture up at that Everett location....

#2. Playing an entire song at band rehearsal (with the Pathways Church Band) in the wrong key. I couldn't really hear myself playing, but I knew something didn't sound right, and I can't believe I played the whole thing in the wrong key! I'm currently learning how to read chord charts (instead of playing sheet music the way it's written) so it's been a learning experience for me. Since this was only my 2nd rehearsal, I was pretty mortified. It's bad enough I don't know what the heck I'm doing yet, and I'm sure the guys in the band were like "Um, what in the heck is she doing?". Practice makes perfect. Unless you cannot hear what you're playing (except for small bits here and there).

#3. Trying to pay my Comcast bill over the phone with my Macy's Credit Card (it's the same color as my regular major credit card). I kept trying to pay over the phone automatically, and I couldn't find out why in the heck it wasn't working! Finally, I opted to transfer out of the automated service, and speak with a representative (to pay the $10 fee which I really didn't want to do) but I totally forgot to mail the payment (even though it was ready to go in my mail basket), and the payment was 4 days away from the due date. I didn't want to risk it being late, so I tried to pay it over the phone. Finally, the guy on the phone asked me what type of credit card it was, that's when I saw MACYS written across it. I didn't have the nerve to tell him, so I think I accused them of their system being screwed up, hung up the phone, called back, and paid (automatically, waiving any fee) over the phone with my correct major visa credit card. This is why I don't pay bills over the phone people. I'm pretty old fashioned in the sense that I buy stamps and mail in my check payment every month. For now, I've removed that credit card from my wallet completely. I probably should have done this in the first place.


I'm sure there's a lot more where this came from.

No comments: